Thursday, January 11, 2007

Hometown Pride


I've lived in the city of Pittsburgh since I was 4 1/2, so I pretty much consider myself a native. I love Pittsburgh. I've lived elsewhere, and there are lots of places in this country that I love to visit and vacation in, but Pittsburgh will always be "home". Pittsburgh is a unique American city that engenders a rabid loyalty in its citizenry. There is no question that Pittsburgh has its issues, and the people who live here bitch and complain about the problems all the time. But let an outsider come in and complain about those very same problems, and he or she will be mobbed by crowd of natives who will defend the city to the bitter end. A higher proportion of people born in this city will settle here and die here than just about any other city in this country.

Recently, a teacher who works in my building sent me a link to the quiz below. Not surprisingly I scored 100%. If you're not from Pittsburgh, give it a try.

You are 100% Pittsburgh.
 

Great job! There's nooooo doubt about it. You're from Da Burgh. You deserve a reward, so go have an Ahrn City or two. And GO STILLERS!

How Pittsburgh Are You
See All Our Quizzes



Ooops....got to go redd up (*) my room before my next class arrives!

(*) redd up - to straighten up or tidy a space, often before guests or visitors arrive.

2 Comments:

At 3:32 PM, Blogger garfer said...

Pittsburgh has Scottish connections.

Hence the steel in your soul.

 
At 7:42 PM, Blogger ChrisChris said...

When are you going to post a pic of yourself?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Web Counters