Friday, June 24, 2005

Batman Begins

I've been looking forward to seeing the new Batman movie for a few months now, but I wouldn't say I was fanatical about it. I just figured it would be a decent, entertaining summer flick. Well I saw the movie the other night, and wow - it's a great movie! Smart, well written, good character development. It's just really well done - and it was a pleasant surprise. If I had any complaint, it would be the same complaint I have about a lot of movies these days - particularly action/suspense movies. The special effects have gotten so good and realistic, and editing has become so fast (changing angles and perspective quickly and repeatedly in a single scene) that fight scenes have become a complete blur! Images flash on the screen so fast that you can't tell who is who, who is doing what to who, who is winning, what danger the hero is in. The scenes fly to quickly that all you get is an impression of chaos, and loud sounds of grunting, thumping and smacking body contact, weapons clashing and crashing as bodies go flying against walls or hit the ground.

But all in all, Batman Begins is a terrific movie. Check it out.

2 Comments:

At 8:10 AM, Blogger Herge Smith said...

Jingle bells, Batman smells and apparently robin did a skid.

I saw a poster for this a couple of weeks ago and thought 'wasn't it just a couple of years ago that Tim Burton one came out' Then I realised it was 17 years ago - Ouch.

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger Faltanus said...

Yeah - and the Tim Burton version was very good. This one is even better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Web Counters