Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Come out of the Closet, Find Jesus, Lose Weight!!

I'm busy as hell right now but I absolutely had to write about this. I think I'm going to throw up. No, seriously, I know I've said that before, but this time I really mean it. Read on.

So the great Mayor West of Spokane, Washington - you remember, the virulent homophobe who, surprise, surprise, turns out to be "gay" himself (only more likely he's a pedophile - not the same thing!) and condemns the press for "viciously" outing him, has apparently been "cured" of the whole gay thing, because he turned to God. Here's an excerpt of his account:

In Thursday's e-mail, West wrote:

"I appreciate your comments but like King David in the Bible I will be a better mayor now. I will be more focused and more driven to see this city succeed in all areas. My faith in Jesus Christ and the Lord tell me this will be done.

"This episode has done four good things for me so far and more are on the way.

"1. I have stopped a behavior I wanted to stop but couldn't do alone but didn't know how to ask for help to end. Now I'm sleeping better and am more focused on important things, particularly my job.

"2. The early stress took away my appetite and I lost 10 pounds. Now I'm exercising and watching what I eat better. I've lost five more pounds and hope to lose another 10. I feel better and healthier than I have in years. "

http://spokesmanreview.com/jimwest/story.asp?ID=061105_changed


O.K. so let's stop there for just a moment. Is this asshole serious? This is like some great new diet fad! Whoopie! Lead a false life, get caught, come out, LOSE 10 POUNDS!!!

WOW this man just doesn't get it. He continues to try to lie about who he is, continues to be in denial, continues to spread hate for gays. The self loathing is palpable. Really, I can't think about this anymore. It makes me cringe.

3 Comments:

At 2:44 PM, Blogger Herge Smith said...

What a tit - of course it'll be murder next for that man... it's all part of a sad cycle of repression... it's no good at all.

Of course in the UK if a politician was outed and then claimed he'd been cured by God - not one single person in this country would believe him. So it's not all bad in an evil godless country like Britain.

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger Sniffy said...

Hi Adam,

Just thought I'd drop by after a friend recommended your blog to me.

I find it very depressing that such people find themselves in positions of power, and that they're allowed to get away with lying and spreading hatred to cover their on shortcomings. Bastards.

I'm in the UK, but I've just had the experience of an American fundamentalist (with the emphasis on "mental") catholic who was working with us. Dear me, what a fruitcake, who, on there own, was amusing and tolerable. However I can't imagine how bad it must be to be surrounded by such bigotry as seems the case in the US.

Take care,

T

 
At 8:04 PM, Blogger Faltanus said...

Hi Tina!

Thanks for stopping by. The U.S. is on a serious swing to the right these days, and it gets harder and harder to deal with how acceptable hatred and intolerance seem to be right now. I guess I'm an optimist though, because I have to believe that the pendulum is going to start swinging back the other way soon. I haven't given up yet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Web Counters