Thursday, August 04, 2005

Sorry (And a digression regarding my nose)

I have to apologize for the erratic nature of my postings lately. I have been in the grips of a summer cold for the past 10 days, and just haven't been feeling up to posting regularly. I think it is finally loosening up, and I hope I will be back to my old self soon. I have chronic sinus problems and a simple cold can make me absolutely miserable - I got a nasty little ear infection from this one. Fortunately, a few doses of antibiotics take quick care of my ear infections, so that has completely cleared up. I just wish the head and chest congestion were completely gone as well. Just a day or two more should do it.

When I was 13 or 14 I had nasal surgery to correct the sinus problem. I had been suffering from sinus infections, and sore throats and congestion and severe colds since I was a child, and I had high hopes for relief. The surgery and subsequent recovery was one of the most miserable experiences of my life, and what's more, it didn't work. In fact, I'm pretty sure it made my sinuses even more screwed up. But I'll live with it. There is no way I am going through surgery on my nose again!

Anyway....keep checking in. Things should be back to normal (yeah, right!) soon.

5 Comments:

At 11:19 PM, Blogger pissoff said...

I can't say sinus surgery sounds like fun. I had my first ear infection this year and can now understand why children scream. Hope you're feeling better.

 
At 11:29 PM, Blogger Faltanus said...

thanks April, i'm feeling MUCH better! on another note, would it be alright with you if i link up to your blog? it would be so much easier for me to check into your blog that way.

 
At 7:35 AM, Blogger pissoff said...

LMAO...you know I didn't even ask if I could link to you I just did. I'm so rude sometimes. And here you are asking. You're so polite. That would be great. Thank you.

 
At 3:00 AM, Blogger Herge Smith said...

Sinus surgery sounds too much like anus surgery - not sure which would be worse, but then I guess it depends on the procedure...

You alright now then?

 
At 7:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No realic� que hab�a tan muchos sitios del abilene cosmetic surgery. Su es muy agradable, la mina tambi�n no se hace como la tuya.Adieu, German abilene cosmetic surgery

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Web Counters