Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Sadists R Us

Have you ever had to have physical therapy? Yesterday I had my first ever appointment with a physical therapist. I've been having problems with significant pain in my left shoulder so my doctor sent me to an orthopedic surgeon, and after tests and x-rays, the surgeon concluded I had torn my rotator cuff. He recommended a period of physical therapy. 3 times a week for 12 weeks to be exact. Well I now know the profession that all sadists should pursue. Physical therapists hurt you, and I swear they must get pleasure out of doing so. My therapist, Colleen, kept asking me, "does that hurt?" with a great big smile on her face. And when I would grimmace, do all I could to hold back from shrieking in agony, and say, "yes," I swear the grin on her face got ever so slightly bigger.

It's torture plain and simple and all perfectly legal. I don't know why my doctor couldn't have just given me a prescription for vicadin or percoset or something and send me on my merry way. Nope - it's 12 weeks of hell for me, and 12 weeks of secret pleasure for Colleen who gets inflict terrible pain on me for an hour a day, 3 times a week. Life isn't fair.

2 Comments:

At 11:18 PM, Blogger Aginoth said...

Had Physiotherapy after Dislocating my ankle and breaking my Tibia and Fibula in my left leg about 2 years ago. Phyiso was to regain flexibility in the joint after 16 weeks in plaster and having the joint screwed through to prevent any movement.

I'm sure they we're just out to hurt me.

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger garfer said...

I believe that 'don't let Colleen near your shoulder' is a popular saying in County Cork.
Theses osteopaths/physios are all psycho nutters. Nobody manipulates my joints.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Web Counters