Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Great News!

Did you hear the news? Probably not, unless you are as much of a geek as me. But it turns out that Pluto (the celestial object, not Mickey's dog) may have 3 moons. I've always loved astronomy since I was a little kid, and how can you not love Pluto? It's the underdog of the 9 planets. The poor thing. Numerous attempts have been made to down grade its status to planetoid, or something else equally humiliating and demeaning. But Pluto keeps right on fighting for its right to be called a planet, and so far all the efforts of its detractors have failed. Now, with the possibility of additional moons, Pluto's status as a planet should be even more secure. And I for one am very happy. Go Pluto!

3 Comments:

At 1:59 PM, Blogger Aginoth said...

Saw that on the NASA site, very interesting, always been into Astronomy and space myself, built a model Saturn V rocket when I was 5 :o)

 
At 5:01 AM, Blogger Herge Smith said...

They name them something fancy if it does - Like Bumcheezeus, or Minesabeer.

It's never anything funny, like Bill, or Frank.

 
At 11:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm personally more into anatomy that astronomy.

PO

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Web Counters