Monday, November 07, 2005

A Word From the 2nd Runner Up

This weekend I competed (for the second year in a row) in the annual Mr. Pittsburgh Eagle Leather contest. Last year, in a field of 5 contestants, I came in as the first runner up. This year the field included 7 contestants and I came in as the second runner up. Seeing the trend, I think I'll cut my losses and I will NOT compete in the contest next year. I simply couldn't bear not placing at all. So there I am in the picture at the right standing by the 1st runner-up, Chad (I'm the one on the right). Hot man, isn't he? He really probably should have won the contest.

The contest consists of four rounds. The first round of the contest was "Casual" leather. I wore leather chaps and a harness. I looked good, but unfortunately none of the pictures came out - they were all blurry. The second round was the jock strap competition. Yes I have pictures, no I will not be posting any! Trust me, you don't want to see them. The third round was "Formal" leather, and that is what you see me in in the picture. The fourth round is the question and answer round - I have to say, I really kicked ass in that round. I picked a good question and I had the attention of the audience for the entire length of my answer. I had them in the palm of my hand! I'm sure that is the round that won me a 3rd place finish rather than my finishing further back in the pack.

So that's it. My career as a contestant in leather contests comes to an end. Hell, I'm turning 40 next week. I'm too old for this shit anyway.

12 Comments:

At 1:05 PM, Blogger garfer said...

I seem to recall publishing a post about elderly leather clad homosexualists.
You'll be telling us you ride a Harley next!

 
At 4:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHOO! HOO!

 
At 3:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeezus!thought clones had died out in the 1980s! Poppers anyone?

 
At 4:42 AM, Blogger Faltanus said...

anonymous (2): the fact that you apparently crawled into your bed and pulled the covers over your head back in the 80's doesn't mean the world stopped. The leather community is alive and thriving. In fact the single largest annual gathering of gay men is the IML event each year in Chicago.

so peek your head out every once in a while anon, and check out the world. lots of good things going on out here.

 
At 5:45 AM, Blogger pissoff said...

I grew out of my leather years ago.... Me in leather is just a scary thought.

Do you wear leather to school?

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger Faltanus said...

i've been known to wear a leather vest to school on occasion, and my leather jacket quite frequently.

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger pissoff said...

How about that hat and leather pants with a leather thong? Do you wear that to school?

I once was in San Francisco during the Castro Street Festival. That was really the first time I had seen leather clad men. It was such fun. The Nemisis wasn't happy but did I care? NO!

 
At 12:24 AM, Blogger Aginoth said...

Why does YMCA come to mind.....

 
At 6:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"The Leather Community" = a bunch of hairdressers.

 
At 6:43 AM, Blogger Faltanus said...

anonymous: the sad thing here is, clearly you're gay - only a gay man would make the reference to poppers that you made - and still so filled with hate and for your own kind no less. i know it's out there, but it still disheartens me to see such intense self loathing by members of my own community. now let me set the record straight (errr, no pun intended) for you anon: our community is a bunch of hair dressers and florists and interior designers and oh, guess what, teachers and lawyers and doctors and truck drivers and construction workers and business executives and professional athletes and yeah, you get the picture. of the 7 contestants at this year's contest we had: a truck driver, a teacher, a college professor, a retired army colonel, a waiter, a physical therapist, and a retail clerk. a pretty diverse group i'd say and pretty well representative of the larger gay community.

 
At 7:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops! sorry the comment was throw away - no offense intended. I am v. glad to be gay and have marched and argued the case for ALL gays in my time. I havent had too much experience on the leather scene, went to a leather night in Bristol once and they were all drinking Shandy and talking about holidays - hardly the raunch fest I was expecting. On the other extreme went to "De Spike" (sic) in Amsterdam and it scared the life out of me.
But the comment about clones i think is valid, if we should be celebrating peoples diversity what makes everyone want to look like each other?

 
At 1:46 AM, Blogger Herge Smith said...

Are you good cop or bad cop?

Oi oi - I've been known to dabble with popper back in the early 90's but that was more of the acid house scene.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Web Counters