Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Going Camping

Well I leave tomorrow morning for a long weekend camping trip. I love camping. Unfortunately for me, Ron (my partner) does not, so I haven't been camping in a long time. But some friends of ours said they were going on this trip and invited us along, and Ron was kind enough to say, "go, have fun, but please understand - I'm staying home." So I am leaving tomorrow for Roseland. It is a campground in the beautiful mountains of West Virginia, set on over 200 isolated acres of wooded land on one of the highest peaks in the area. Although there are about a dozen cabins on the land available for rental, I'm going rustic and pitching a tent and the whole 9 yards. At the center of land the owners have built up a very nice recreation area complete with heated pool, 2 hot tubs, a recreation hall with pool tables, darts and dance floor, a convenience store and a small luncheonette where you can get sandwiches and soda and snacks and beer. Now there are three things that set this campground apart from your run-of-the-mill campground. First, it is gay owned and operated. Second, it is exclusively male. And third, it is clothing optional. Woo hoo!! I'm gonna have some fun! And my wonderful partner who I love more than I could ever say, has given me his complete blessing. He told me, "go let loose and blow off some steam!" I think he was actually a little relieved to be getting some time away from me, to be honest. I've been a little wound up lately.

Anyway, I'll let you know how the weekend goes when I get back on Monday.

3 Comments:

At 6:47 AM, Blogger pissoff said...

Wow...have fun. You've got a great partner there btw. I need a man like Ron. If he ever decides to... oh forget it.

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger garfer said...

You can sing 'On the trail of the lonesome pine' around the big 'ol camp fire.
Sounds a bit boy scoutish to me.
Watch out for those pesky Waltons.

 
At 7:52 AM, Blogger Herge Smith said...

well, I know you're back.

But what of the tails - did you get mauled by a bear? Or go skinny dipping in front of a family of christains...

Stories stories...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Web Counters