Monday, August 22, 2005

Did You Know?

Did you know that Olivia Newton-John's boy friend has been missing since June 30th? Why didn't I know this? How did I go the entire month of July and half the month of August not knowing that Olivia's boy friend is lost at sea? My heart goes out to her.... But in the back of my mind, I have to admit a hint of doubt. I have to admit that little voice in my head asked the question, "is it possible he had had enough, and staged his own disappearance to escape her world?" We would all understand if he had, wouldn't we?

What am I saying?!?!? I had such a huge crush on Olivia when Grease came out when I was in junior-high school. I'm sure I saw the movie at least 10 times that year, and it's still one of those movies that I guiltily watch every time I see it's on the television. So I suppose I'm still carrying a torch for her after all these years. I love you, Olivia, and I hope that your boyfriend realizes the errors of his ways and returns to you quickly.....ooooops, I mean I hope they find him safe and sound.

3 Comments:

At 12:19 PM, Blogger garfer said...

I've always been more of a Farrah Fawcett Major man myself.
Shame she went a bit doolally.

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger Aginoth said...

Olivia Newton-John in Skintight spandex....Drooooool

 
At 5:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't know either, and I felt sad for my childhood idol. Me and my friend, Marcy, used to sing on the swings in my yard for hours as Olivia and Karen (Carpenter).

I'm a little concerned for my girl, though. The blurb and video on the Today show didn't leave me with much faith in a happy ending.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Web Counters